Join us! ATNI-EDC is a growing non-profit organization seeking dynamic, community-oriented, and mission driven Team Members!
The Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians Economic Development Corporation (ATNI-EDC) is a nonprofit organization that provides financial and technical assistance to ATNI Member Tribes in the priority areas of community and economic development to each of the fifty-seven ATNI Member Tribes in the Pacific Northwest that includes all of the Tribes in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, as well at Tribes in Northern California, Nevada, Montana, and Alaska. As one of its tools, ATNI-EDC operates a Revolving Loan Fund that aims to increase access to capital for Native American communities and entrepreneurs. ATNI-EDC first began lending in 2000. In 2002, the board formed a subsidiary Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) called Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians Financial Services (ATNI-FS).
ATNI-EDC offers a generous benefits package that includes 4 weeks of PTO, 13 holidays, 100% employer-paid medical insurance, and 401(k) match.
ATNI-EDC Director of Financial Services
- Location: Portland, OR
- Salary: $75,000 to $90,000 per year, based on experience
- Closing Date: January 6, 2023, or until filled
- Position Overview: The Director of Financial Services (FS) will oversee all lending and technical services activities of ATNI-FS, a subsidiary of ATNI-EDC.
Please send a cover letter (2-pages maximum), resume or CV, and a list of three professional
references. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this
By email: Send to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Director of Financial
Services.” It is preferable that you send your documents as a single pdf.
By mail: Send to Human Resources, ATNI-EDC, PO Box 66592, Portland Oregon 97290. If you are
sending your application by mail, please inform us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone
ATNI-EDC Office Administrator
- Location: Portland, Oregon (not a remote position)
- Wage: $21-$24 per hour
The Office Administrator will support the mission and vision of ATNI-EDC by assisting the Executive Director with clerical, HR(payroll, benefits and onboarding),light accounting, and marketing tasks. This position requires in-office attendance in a full-time capacity, with the possibility of flexible hours.
Please send completed application, cover letter (1-page maximum), resume or CV, and a list of three professional references. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position. The references should be from a peer, someone you have managed, and someone that has managed you.
By email: Send to email@example.com with the subject line of “Application for Office Administrator by end-of-close business on the day of the application deadline listed. It is preferable if you send your documents as a single pdf.
By mail: Send to: Casey Pearlman, ATNI-EDC, PO Box 66592, Portland Oregon 97290. Envelope must be postmarked TWO DAYS PRIOR to the application deadline. If you are sending your application by mail, please inform us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (503.206.8754).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. ATNI-EDC reserves the right to observe Tribal preference as a standard hiring practice, as part of our mission is to promote and provide employment opportunities for Indian People from the Member Tribes of ATNI.
ATNI-EDC will post updates on open positions soon, read on to learn about opportunities with our partners.
Partner Job Postings
Underscore is Seeking a Operations Director
Location: Portland, OR (home/office hybrid)
Compensation: $65,000 – $70,000 plus benefits
Position Summary: Join our small team of passionate nonprofit professionals. We are looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented Operations Director to keep our internal operations running smoothly. If you get excited about setting up and managing efficient processes and have a knack for organization, this position is for you! The duty of the Operations Director is to ensure people, processes and technology are working together efficiently so plans are executed properly and decisions are based on reliable information.
North Olympic Peninsula Resource Conservation & Development Council is Seeking a Planning and Community Engagement Director
Salary: $75,000 – $80,000 depending on experience
Location: Port Angeles or Port Townsend, Washington
The Planning and Community Engagement Director works with the Executive Director and NODC partners to plan and facilitate regional, cross-jurisdictional, cross-sectoral planning and engagement on issues such as renewable energy development, broadband expansion and climate change adaptation. The position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse group of local governments, Tribes and community organizations in a rural area with exceptional natural beauty.
Excellent group process and meeting facilitation skills are required along with the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Good writing skills and the ability to work independently and accomplish tasks with minimal supervision are needed. Interest in learning about a wide range of topics and issues is desired, as is the ability to dive into a subject and learn enough to speak and write intelligently about it.
Click here for detailed information regarding salary, responsibilities and qualifications, where to submit a response and what to include.
Review of resumes and interviews will begin February 6, 2023. Responses must be received no later than February 17, 2023.
Nimiipuu Fund is Seeking a Programs Officer
Salary: $45,000 to $65,000 DOE
The Nimiipuu Community Development Fund (NCDF) Programs Officer is responsible for the development and administration of programs and services to assist Native Americans and NCDF target markets in the development of financial education, coaching, credit, small business, and microenterprises. This position aids in the mission of NCDF in its development services and technical assistance to improve individual, family, and community self-determination and self-sufficiency.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to Jonelle at Nimiipuu Fund.
Find more on the Nimiipuu Fund website.
Northwest Native PTAC is Hiring!
Positions Open: Program Coordinator & Procurement Counselor
Salary: $50,000 – $54,400, depending on experience
Summary of Duties: This position requires a variety of administrative and social media responsibilities. The Program Coordinator will work closely with the NNPTAC Program Manager in developing a larger media footprint and maintain the PTAC’s digital presence across multiple platforms while assisting with day-to-day administrative responsibilities. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in both administrative and digital marketing, will have outstanding communication and organization skills and be capable of working autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply: Please apply through the Indeed job posting: https://www.indeed.com/job/program-coordinator-nn-ptac-1a885dc261267e20
Salary: $60,000 – $72,000, depending on experience
Summary of Duties: The primary responsibility of the Procurement Counselor is educating and assisting businesses within the Northwest Native Procurement Technical Assistance Center (NNPTAC) service area on federal, state, and local government procurement processes. This includes the following:
- providing information in such areas as government registrations, market research, marketing, bid/proposal/quote preparation, contract performance issues, and assistance with state and federal regulations.
- assisting with government contracting to businesses primarily located in the service area through events, workshops and one-on-one counseling:
- helping businesses understand how to find, bid, win, and perform on government contracts so that they can diversify their customer base and create jobs
- interacting with existing small business owners through appointment-based, confidential one-on-one advising, research, and training.
The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Program seeks to ensure firms in the region are winning government contracts and subcontracts so that they can grow and diversify their businesses and further contribute to the economic vibrancy of our community.
How to Apply: Please apply through the Indeed job posting: https://www.indeed.com/job/procurement-counselor-nn-ptac-7beb6bf3809173ee
Metro is Seeking a Tribal Affairs Program Coordinator
Metro is dedicated to shaping a better future for the greater Portland region. The work the people of Metro do every day benefits the lives of the people who live here, today and tomorrow. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits program. Learn more about the benefits Metro offers.
Metro is hiring for a Tribal Affairs Program Coordinator. The Tribal Affairs Coordinator will help implement Metro’s new Tribal Affairs agenda, in partnership with the Tribal Affairs manager and the rest of the Government Affairs team. This critical role will work across the agency, with staff and elected officials, to help Metro work closely with Tribes as sovereign partners in all areas of our work.
This position will also provide subject matter expertise to Metro staff in the areas of tribal norms, customs, tribal history, and best practices for consultation and engagement to increase awareness, understanding and skills and abilities of Metro staff and leadership to support successful tribal relations.
As the Tribal Affairs Program Coordinator, you will:
- Help your team members within the Government Affairs team and the Tribal Affairs program implement the agency’s tribal affairs program including priorities for policy development, project support, staff and elected official training, and engagement.
- Support Metro and tribal policy advisor efforts to establish and maintain strong relationships with Tribes including Tribal Chairpersons, Councils, representatives, and staff to help Metro achieve the region’s six desired outcomes, tribal affairs program goals, mutual goals identified by Metro and Tribes, and other strategic goals and objectives of the agency.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on tribal history, treaties, sovereignty, self-governance, protocols, customs and traditions, and natural and cultural resources for Metro staff.
- This position will be supervised by the Government Affairs and Policy Development Director within the Office of the COO.
Attributes for Success/Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of local, state and federal Indian law and policy;
- Knowledge of local, state and federal historic and cultural resources and natural resource policy, related laws and regulations;
- Ability to advise on and support tribal consultation and tribal relations;
- Ability to coordinate closely with a broad range of internal and external team members, agency departments, Tribal governments, staff and representatives, and Metro stakeholders to efficiently advance an agenda and deliver projects;
- Ability to build alliances and collaborate across boundaries;
- Ability to interact with others with diplomacy and tact;
- Ability to analyze social, cultural and/or political factors to advise on agency policy development, relationship development and complex project actions or implementation;
- Experience effectively managing and communicating politically sensitive projects and information;
- Ability to identify problems, take a solution-oriented approach and put into action creative solutions for success;
- Ability to proactively escalate concerns and issues to team members and leaders;
- Competency and skills in the basic principles of project management including project development, planning and monitoring;
- Experience developing and managing contracts including ability to interpret and apply basic budgeting and public procurement processes;
- Strong organizational and technical writing skills;
- Strong cross-cultural communication and collaboration skills;
- Familiarity with and ability to apply principles of racial equity and diversity to policy decisions, conflicts, and operation questions.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific in your application materials on how your background is relevant.
- A Bachelor’s or other degree in business or public administration, political science, Native American studies, behavioral or social sciences or any degree demonstrating the capacity for knowledge and skills and relevant work experience; AND
- Three years of related and progressively responsible work experience supporting productive relationships with Tribal governments and diplomatic relations OR
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
Metro is committed to ensuring the health and safety for our employees and our community. As a part of this commitment, Metro has implemented a vaccine requirement policy for employees, paid and unpaid interns and volunteers.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is considered a minimum qualification requirement for Metro job applicants. This proof will be requested during the hiring process.
If you require an accommodation under this policy for a medical condition or disability, or sincerely held religious belief, please email email@example.com.
If this statement is true for you, then you may be ineligible to apply:
If I was terminated for cause during any of my employment with Metro, or resigned in lieu of termination, I understand I may be ineligible for rehire for a minimum of 3 years.
COMPENSATION AND REPRESENTATION
Based on the Oregon Pay Equity Act requirements, Metro’s internal equity review process, and the candidates’ qualifications, the appointment will typically be made between $75,948.00 – $83,351.00 annually. The full-salary range for this position is $75,948.00 – $105,567.00 annually.
This position is not eligible for overtime and is not represented by a union. It is classified as Policy Advisor II(Download PDF reader). Classification descriptions are typically written broadly and do not include the specific duties and responsibilities of the positions.
SCREENING AND EVALUATION
The application packet: The application packet consists of the following documents. Please ensure that you upload these documents in your online application. Make sure your application is complete, missing any part of these items could result in an incomplete application and will not be moved forward in the recruitment.
- Attachment of a resume
- Attachment of a cover letter (no more than two pages) highlighting why you’re a good fit for the role and specifically answering the question, “What your experience is working with Tribal Governments or tribally established organizations”. Please be detailed in your response and how your qualifications relate to this role.
- Attachment of three references (name, contact information, and relationship)
The selection process: We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows. The selection process is subject to change.
- Initial review of minimum qualifications
- In-depth evaluation of application materials to identify the most qualified candidates
- Consideration of top candidates/interviews
- Testing/assessments (if applicable)
- References check
Recruiter: Megan Warneke
COVID-19 safety: The health and safety of our employees and community is a top priority for Metro. Employees will be required to follow all Metro COVID-related policies and procedures, which may meet or exceed guidelines set forth by the CDC, Oregon Health Authority, and other federal, state and local jurisdictions. Learn more at oregonmetro.gov/COVID-19.
Equal employment opportunity: All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability for which a reasonable accommodation can be made or any other status protected by law. Assistance will be gladly provided upon request for any applicant with sensory or non-sensory disabilities.
Online applications: Metro accepts job applications online. If you need assistance or accommodation with your application, or access to a computer, call 503-797-1570.
Accommodation: Reasonable accommodation is available to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing this application or participating in this process. To obtain confidential assistance please contact Human Resources 503-797-1570.
Pay equity at Metro: Every worker must get equal pay for equal work regardless of your gender, race, age or other protected characteristics. Metro has established processes and conducts routine pay equity reviews as part of the hiring process to ensure compliance with the 2017 Oregon Pay Equity Act.
Public Employees Retirement System (PERS): Unless otherwise stated in a collective bargaining agreement,Metro pays both the employee and employer portion of PERS contributions for eligible employees.
Veterans’ preference: Under Oregon Law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans’ preference when applying for Metro positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans’ preference for this job, please provide qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
Squaxin Island Tribe is Seeking a Legal Director
Job Title: Legal Director
Open & Close Dates: June 3, 2022 – Open until filled
Location: Shelton/ Olympia WA
Summary of Position: Provides day to day administration of the department including policy development, facilitation, and implementation of programs assigned to the department on an on-going or temporary basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports organizational policies, procedures, and goals.
- Responsible for budgets including development, tracking, accuracy and compliance for the department. Responsible for following budget process including deadlines and adherence to schedule and direction from Tribal Council, Budget Committee, Tribal Administrator and Comptroller.
- Provide Travel reports, and annual reports for the department.
- Participate in Director’s meetings, public meetings and team assignments as requested.
- Communicate with employees regarding their performance, training opportunities and career development.
NICWA is Hiring
Positions Open: Training Manager, Member Relations Manager, Strategic Communications Intern
NICWA offers Native and non-Native professionals opportunities for personal and professional development in a family-oriented environment. As a Native organization, NICWA promotes American Indian and Alaska Native values within the workplace, with an emphasis on cooperation, respect, and an appreciation for diversity.
We are looking for people who have a strong working knowledge of Native culture, tribal communities, tribal social service systems, and tribal government structure; who are creative and have strong project management skills; or who want to be part of a team that works together for positive change in the health and well-being of American Indian and Alaska Native children and families. Join NICWA to be a part of this change!
Center for Indian Country Development is Hiring
From Center for Indian Country Development: “CICD is a national research and policy institute of the Federal Reserve System dedicated to increasing the economic inclusion and long-term prosperity of Indian Country. Headquartered at the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, CICD conducts applied research and convenes tribal leaders, practitioners, and policymakers to inform public policy on issues that influence the economic outcomes of Indian Country. Research and policy efforts focus primarily on tribal enterprise diversification, small business access to capital, tribal taxation, economic infrastructure, and tribal financing mechanisms.
As part of this staff expansion, the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis is now looking to hire for multiple positions. We welcome candidates who believe in the importance of good policy backed by solid research, have the ability to clearly communicate in a variety of formats to a broad audience of stakeholders, and are committed to making a difference in the lives of people in Indian Country.”
Click here to learn more about open positions and apply!
HAC is Hiring a Housing Specialist- Native American Communities
The Housing Specialist – Native American Communities is responsible for providing direct technical assistance, coaching, and training to tribal communities, tribal housing departments, tribal housing authorities, and nonprofit organizations serving tribal communities. The Housing Specialist – Native American Communities contributes to all aspects of HAC’s mission through a combination of responsibilities and special projects involving place, people, and community-based strategies, with a primary focus on development and sustainability of capacity to improve the housing conditions for the rural poor.
Read the position description and application instructions.
ATNI-EDC acts only as a free job posting service and makes no recommendations regarding potential employers. We are not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of private employment. All hiring, scheduling, and compensation for job postings are handled directly between the employee and the employer.
Employers and applicants are urged to perform due diligence when offering, applying for, or accepting private employment by requesting references or any other information needed to establish qualifications, credentials and overall fit between employer and applicant.
This site contains links to third party sites. ATNI-EDC has not reviewed materials or information posted at websites linked or linking to this site, and therefore, ATNI-EDC disclaims any responsibility for the contents of such sites. Likewise, our linking to a third party website should not be interpreted as a form of endorsement or recommendation for the products or services offered on the third party.
Do you have a position that you would like us to post? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.