Resources & Information
In this trying time, ATNI-EDC is focusing on supporting small businesses. We are working on culling resources to support small businesses of all sizes. If you have businesses that needs assistance, please reach out to us! We are keeping an eye on emergency funding to support small businesses, and we will post what we learn here.
- Our CDFI, ATNI-FS, has loan funds available. CLICK HERE for more information.
- The Federal Government is using the SBA as a vehicle to get federal funds to small businesses (should the proposed legislation pass). It isn’t yet clear yet how those funds will be distributed, but many emerging and very small businesses don’t qualify for traditional SBA Loans. We’ll stay on top of this topic and figure out what businesses are good candidates, and work on alternative assistance for those that may not.
- Another resources is your Economic Development District (EDD). Many have lending programs and access to other resources. Look for links below under ‘Resources’
- The EDA is reaching out to communities to learn about their pain points
- Please pass along any other resources that you know of so that I may add them to our arsenal. You can email email@example.com.
Advocacy Efforts/ Legislation
Corona Virus Relief Fund, Proposed Bill 3/25/20
Summary of Corona Virus Relief Fund
NCAI Tribal Priorities for Economic Development and Employment for Covid-19 Stimulus Package
- Provide at least $20 billion allocated for direct federal relief grants to tribal governments and their enterprises.
- Provide at least $2 Billion for a Tribal Forbearance, Loan, & Guarantee Fund Allocated for Assistance to Tribal Governments and their Enterprises to Replace Lost Revenue.
- Provide not less than $110 million in additional funding and waive restrictions on Small Business Administration (SBA) and Treasury programs for Native American Contractors and Native Community Development Financial Institutions to provide for emergency funds and waiver of program restrictions. Native American Contractors (NACS) and Native Community Development Financial Institutions (NCDFI) are critical to the growth and existence of Native American small businesses and also provide critical support in federal contracting.
- Provide parity to ensure individual and employer emergency assistance is accessible to tribal governments, their enterprises, and employees.
- NCN urges Congress to appropriate $1 billion to the CDFI Fund in emergency capital and supplemental technical assistance separate and above annual appropriations. Of this emergency supplemental support, NCN urges Congress to ensure that $100 million support Native CDFIs through the NACA fund.
Northwest Native Lending Network letter to OR/ ID Senators
- The NNLN urges Congress to appropriate $1 billion to the CDFI Fund in emergency capital and supplemental technical assistance separate and above annual appropriations. Of this emergency supplemental support, the NNLN urges Congress to ensure that $100 million support Native CDFIs either directly, or through the Native American CDFI Assistance (NACA) Program.
- Find your Economic Development District
- Economic Development Districts and other State Offices