ATNI-EDC is seeking 2-3 professionals to serve on the ATNI-EDC board of directors. The ATNI-EDC Board is responsible for setting the priorities and vision for the organization. The selected board members will begin their term in September 2018.
Please apply by July 30, 2018!
Desired Skills & Experience
In accordance with our bylaws, board members must satisfy one or more of the following:
- Representative from the ATNI Executive Board
- Representative from the states of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, or Alaska
- Represent the financial, legal, or education communities, and be familiar and involved in ATNI and Pacific Northwest Native American interests
Special Consideration will be given to those with the following
- Small Business owner or Entrepreneur
- Represent the legal or education sector
- Fundraising experience or familiarity
- Affiliation with a Tribe in Idaho, Montana, California, or Alaska
- Affiliation with a Tribe in the Puget Sound (WA) area
- Ability to travel for ATNI-EDC Business
- Representative of a Tribal enterprise
ATNI-EDC Board members agree to the following:
- Familiarize yourself and abide by the ATNI-EDC Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws and policies and procedures of ATNI-EDC
- Avoid any conflict of interest or appearance of conflict
- Participate in short and long-range planning activities
- Ensure effective fiscal controls and accountability
- help ensure that the ATNI-EDC meets all legal and corporate requirements
- Commit to attend regular and special board meetings: The ATNI-EDC meets 11 times a year (4-times in person, and 7 times via tele-conference)
- ATNI-EDC is not currently able to financially support Board member travel or registration expenses
Please send the following materials no later than July 30, 20108 to Amber Schulz-Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at 6636 NE Sandy Boulevard, Portland, OR 97213.
- Letter of Interest: The letter of interest should express why you to serve on the ATNI-EDC Board, and how your skills and qualifications meet the desired criteria.
- Brief Resume: Resume should reflect skills and experience that you will have acquired that will benefit the guidance of ATNI-EDC.
Both electronic and paper materials will be accepted.
The ATNI-EDC Board will invite candidates to serve on the board prior to the ATNI Annual Convention (September 2019).
Questions and inquiries should be referred to Amber Schulz-Oliver at email@example.com or at (971) 678-9721.